Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

13 December 2005

Midnight Mini Champ II with Stylus

Requirements: A pocket or key ring and a PDA to use the stylus on.
Rating: 5 Stars (overall); Very Easy To Use

Measuring at 58mm x 2.28 inches and weighing about as much as my Toshiba e570 Pocket PC the Midnight Mini Champ II (An Original Swiss Army Knife with Stylus) is only available in many colors. It has eight blades that work like a typically knife, swinging outward and include: a small blade, scissors, nail file with cleaner, emergency blade, cut and picket blade with scraper, cap lifter with magnetic Phillips screwdriver and wire stripper, ruler with screwdriver (flat head), and a cuticle pusher. And in the typical Swiss fashion there are a few more tools that include a mini light (red) for finding key holes, a key ring, and the tool that caught my interest, a retractable stylus.

You might be wondering, what are the practical needs for a stylus in a knife other than the "cool" factor? After using The Midnight Mini Champ II (An Original Swiss Army Knife with Stylus) for about a month I came to appreciate this tiny, 2cm stylus tip that tucks itself away inside an awesome gadget of itself. I found it to be very handy while sitting at my desk in my office with my Toshiba e570 sitting in its cradle. An alarm would sound and my options are either to reach around and take the stylus out of the device which is a little awkward, dismiss the notification with finger or since I often leave The Midnight Mini Champ II (An Original Swiss Army Knife with Stylus) near my keyboard I just pick it up, slide out the retractable stylus and tap "Dismiss". Another time the retractable stylus is useful is when I am using my Palm Vx at night in the dark. I can easily press the Swiss logo to activate the red light which is next to the retractable stylus tip so it serves as an easy way to illuminate the otherwise non-lit Graffiti area on the Palm Vx.

Next to my Toshiba e570 The Midnight Mini Champ II (An Original Swiss Army Knife with Stylus) is one of those gadgets that I take everywhere with me; my second most valuable personal tool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home